About Me

If you are here checking this out leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you. I was diagnosed with CF at 21 years of age after battling stomach and respiratory problems throughout my childhood. My mutations are E60X and P67L the later being the one that is excessively rare, seems to take credit for my so far milder progression, and qualified me for the study. I feel incredibly Blessed to be as healthy as I am so far and to be receiving this opportunity to give back to the CF community.

January 12, 2013

Flying to Denver for the Trial


Today, 9Jan2013, is a pretty typical Wednesday but it sure doesn’t feel that way from where I’m sitting. The weather is atypically warm but that isn't what I’m speaking of. Today is atypical because I am sitting on a plane now and even though I’m not a big traveler that is probably the least of the ‘atypical’ for the day. Today, I am flying into Denver Colorado where I will travel to National Jewish Hospital to take part in a phase 3 clinical trial. This trial is very groundbreaking both in the type of trial that it is, what it has the potential to achieve for the cystic fibrosis community, the amazing potential benefits for me, and if successful the implications for my family.
I wasn’t sure what else to say so I worked on a spreadsheet for the past 2 hours, now as we are nearing landing, I’m back to thinking again.  Very excited, very antsy, very Blessed…now that we’re 20 minutes from touching down in Denver I am ready to get this show on the road! 

No comments:

Post a Comment